Job Posting: Digital Designer – Digital Newsletter Producer
Published on January 14, 2016
Geek Chicago is a digital marketing agency and technology consulting firm and committed to providing services to small- and medium-sized businesses and the political world. Geek specializes in website design and development as well inbound/digital marketing - including content writing/creation, search engine optimization, social media, and digital communications. The company provides businesses the freedom to focus on what they do best, by streamlining processes and making technology work.
Geek Chicago is looking for an aspiring, and inspired, digital design candidate to build digital newsletters for our clients and to source and enhance images for our client's websites and other online content. Candidates should have a familiarity with the major digital newsletter platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, AWeber, etc.) as well as some core skills in Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator (or similar.) Some exposure to, or experience with, basic web design concepts (html, CSS) is preferred.
This is a position for an entry-level candidate or associate, though we will consider internship with the possibility of extension. Previous professional experience is not required, but samples of digital assets (newsletters, images, websites) are requested. The position will be 16-20 hours a week initially, with an expectation of growth. Compensation will depend on experience, generally in the $12-15 range. The work can be performed remotely with weekly or twice weekly in person meetings.
- Collaborate with clients and internal content writers on the creation of digital newsletters and banner art for client content
- Understand a multiple client brands and nuances, provide designs that meet objectives, user needs, and client brand guidelines
- Continue to develop basic web development skills (html, CSS) to improve look and feel of digital newsletters
- Take on small website modification tasks
Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of MailChimp, Constant Contact, Vertical Response, AWeber, or similar.
- The ability to work independently and remotely, while adhering to a prescribed delivery schedule.
- An ability to learn new concepts quickly, with a desire to expand your body of knowledge.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic manipulation tools
- Ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively
- Preferred: Experience with basic web design concepts and semantics. Wordpress development a major bonus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic SEO knowledge is considered, but not required
Please send your resume and (2-4) digital assets/links in the form below.