Job Posting: Digital Marketing Internship
Published on January 9, 2021
Geek Chicago is a digital marketing agency and web development firm that is committed to serving growing businesses and the political world. Geek specializes in website design & development, as well as inbound marketing - including content writing/creation, search engine optimization, social media, digital communications, and reputation management.
Geek helps clients enrich their brands and grow their audiences. Our clients work across multiple industries, including real estate, architecture, law, politics, financial services, insurance, and home services.
Geek Chicago is looking for a Digital Marketing intern with social media marketing skills, including copywriting, posting, and sharing social content. Experience managing paid social media campaigns, pay per click advertising, automated drip campaigns, and landing/squeeze pages is a plus. A data nerd who is enthusiastic about running paid social media campaigns and maximizing results for our clients would be a great fit.
Candidates should have a familiarity with the major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
The position will be 12 -15 hours a week initially, with the possibility of growth into a long-term internship, or a more substantial role within the organization. The work can be performed remotely with weekly or twice weekly virtual meetings.
Skills and Expertise:
- Experience on social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- The ability to work independently and remotely, while adhering to a prescribed schedule.
- Capability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- An ability to learn new subjects and concepts quickly, with a desire to expand your body of knowledge.
- Dynamic and creative writing to formal and casual audiences. Able to adapt to the voices of our unique clients.
- Bonus: Experience with Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Advertising, or Twitter Ads.
- Bonus: Experience with basic web design concepts and semantics.
- Basic SEO knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, GSuite (Google Apps Suite), and/or Content Management Systems (CMS - such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
Geek Chicago team members are hired as 1099 contractors, with assignment deadlines, and management of their own working hours. All staff are invited to twice-weekly team meetings (Wednesday morning.) In time, talented staff can expect an opportunity for assignments and working hours to grow (if interested), and an opportunity to become a W2 Geek employee. The position pays $12.50 - 13.50 per hour, commensurate with experience. W2 employees are offered health benefits and paid time off.
Please send your resume and (2-4) digital assets/links in the form below.