The Basics of Twitter Card Marketing
Published on December 19, 2014
Twitter recently introduced a game changing tool known as Twitter Cards. You may have heard some buzz about this new social media development, and it is certainly something small businesses can use to boost marketing strategies.
So, what are Twitter Cards all about? Here are the basics you need to know.
The Basics of Twitter Cards
Twitter Cards are a new form of Tweeting that allows users to attach rich photos, videos, and media which direct user directly to your website.
To utilize these enhancements, you just need to add a few lines of HTML to your webpage. From there, when users Tweet links to your content, a "Card" will be attached to the Tweet.
As you can imagine, this is an incredibly lucrative opportunity to saturate the Twitter community with your personal brand.
The Advantages of Twitter Cards
What sorts of bonuses come from Twitter Cards? Here are some of the big ones:
- Twitter Cards enables your message to stand out to customers by using visual imagery. It optimizes instant engagement, as customers see your image and know immediately whether or not they are interested in your offering.
- Pricing information is often included
- Twitter cards offer a direct link to purchasing pages (or another specified page)
- Fast and easy purchasing/engagement optimized, taking advantage of consumer impulse
The Types of Twitter Cards
There are handful of different Card types Twitter has developed for popular use:
- Summary Card: This is a default Card. Includes title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution
- Summary Card, Plus Large Image: Like a Summary Card, plus a featured image
- Photo Card: A Card with a photo
- Gallery Card: A Card highlighting 4 photos
- App Card: Card sends users to direct app download page
- Player Card: Card provides playable video, audio, or media
- Product Card: Card displays product information and direct link to purchasing page
Measure Your Card Success
Twitter has also made it easy for you to track your Twitter Card success rate with a Twitter analytics addition. Twitter analytics include specific url tracking, install attempts, how many times your post has been re-tweeted, and more.
This is particularly useful for small business marketing strategies, as you can easily track the success rate of specific posts. Through a series of trial and error, you will be able to find a formula that works for your company.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of our Twitter Card series!
Questions? Comments? We'd love to hear from you! Don't hesitate to send us an email or give us a call.